Filed under: kitchen sink
Roane County, Tennessee Cemeteries - photos and notes (transcriptions for most grave markers in these online web albums)
winton chapel cemetery album (link)
the google gadget below shows cycling thumbnail previews of many my tennessee genealogy online photos, including some from roane co, tn cemeteries (some are photographs of source documents, too!):
below is an index to roane county, tennessee & surrounding area cemetery photo albums by tn type (me!). if you know of - or have posted - other relevant cemetery photos or albums, please contact me, and i’ll append them to this list.
(since most are off-site, a new window may open for them.)
- bean community cemetery at white’s creek, rhea co, tn - annotated photos and links to maps and transcripts. photos taken in mar 2004. this is the cemetery indexed by the wpa in the 1930s as the kirkland cemetery.
- bethel historic cemetery, kingston, roane county, tennessee
a tn type annotated photo album hosted at picasaweb.google.com (a google-sponsored free photo hosting site)
- brashear / brashears family cemetery, sugar grove valley, roane co, tn:
robert samuel brashear/s, born in brashear meadow, prince george’s co, md, is currently believed to be the first white settler in what would become roane county, tennessee [source: snyder e roberts, roots of roane county, tennessee 1792-, 1981]. he is buried with many early members of his family behind a house built by the edwards family where his had been in sugar grove valley. he is my fifth great-grandfather.
- delozier cemetery, emory gap, roane county, tennessee
annotated photos hosted at picasaweb.google.com (google’s free photo-hosting site)
- ellis family cemetery - roane county, tn. a photo album and genealogy notes for the william monroe “monroe” ellis and lucy bowling family who lived near the old rockwood ferry landing.
- harriman cemetery, harriman, roane co, tn - an 83 page photo gallery which includes the grave markers of many area familes and overview shots of the cemetery and views from its mountain-top location (sep 2003)
note: these pages use a frame-set & are best viewed in a browser that displays frames.
i have made a blog entry that contains the names and dates for those interred in the mcpherson cemetery from a survey of the cemetery i conducted in sep 2003. | link to mcpherson cemetery survey | [no photographs in this entry; see the photo album link above.
& his second wife, elizabeth “lizzie” martin
the old rockwood city cemetery is housed at picasaweb.google.com ( a free photo-hosting site operated by google)
also of possible interest to you:
- tn type’s page with links to the obituary pages in the roane co, tn area
- index page for text files of roane county, tennessee cemetery listings contributed to usgenweb
page last edited 02.13.2007